Precision Plastics excels in the production of complex precision molded components. We provide our customers with a full-service approach to their thermoplastic component needs.
Large-Capacity Injection Molding Equipment
Precision Plastics is ready to meet even the most demanding just-in-time delivery schedule.
- We maintain a 7-day, 24-hour operating schedule.
- Precision Plastics offers 35 injection molding presses with clamping capabilities ranging from 68 to 720 tons.
- Our presses are equipped for automated loading and unloading.
- Precision Plastics, Inc. owner/employees average more than 15 years of plastic injection molding experience.
- Every employee participates in both our computerized training program and team-led project-specific training sessions.
- Production team members complete daily at-the-press training modules to insure the most up-to-date techniques are utilized.
Precision Plastics molds all types of thermoplastics, including:
ABS, ABS+PC, Acetyl, ASA, Elastomers, Engineering Grade Resins, FRABS, FRPVC, Nylon, PBT, PEEK, PP, PPO, Polycarbonate, Polyester, Polystyrene, PPA, PS, PVC, SAN, TPE, TPO
In-House Tool & Mold Division
Tooling is one of the most critical aspects of manufacturing injection-molded precision parts. Tooling must be built and maintained at a very high level in order to produce parts that meet exacting standards.
Our teams of journeyman toolmakers are equipped to handle molds for machines up to 720 tons in their own dedicated Tool and Die facility located within the Precision Plastics complex.
Our tool- and mold-building team helps to insure that your part is of the highest possible quality whether it is the first or the millionth part even over a five-year production cycle.
Extending Mold Life and Productivity
- Preventative maintenance conducted on every mold
- Rebuilding or retooling when necessary
- Preservation to safely store tooling for future production
Precision Plastics, Inc.’s injection presses, assembly and finishing processes are all designed to accept automation. Our experience in developing customized automation equipment offers production options that may not be available from other custom plastic molders.
We calculate production cost-savings to consider how automation affects component cost, quality and reliability.
Complex or fragile parts may not automate well; in these instances we minimize automation to maintain part integrity and specifications. Some projects will not economically adapt to automated processes. Set-up time and/or equipment cost for automated short runs may actually increase the unit cost.
Automated processes should be applied only when they maximize benefits for you.
- Reduce unit production cost
- Eliminate human errors
- Control alignment and precision
- Reduce handling damage
Precision Plastics can build your sub-assembly to match your specifications and package the assembly for easy installation.
- Specialty automated assembly equipment
- Automated trimming and robotic assembly
- Custom designed and built automated assembly machines
- Sonic and vibratory welding
- Permanent welding of components into one part – even when each component is of a different material
- Reduces weight and eliminates the use of bonding material or glue
- Fast and economical method of joining components
Precision Plastics, Inc. can add the finishing touches to your parts. Our finishing options reflect the same exacting standards that are hallmarks of the Precision Plastics manufacturing process. We are equipped to handle both low and high volume finishing.
- Color Match
- Silk Screening
- Foil Stamping
- Heat Transfer Labeling
- Transfer Printing
- Pad Printing
- EMI/RFI Shielding
All production scrap is prepared for recycling. It is ground and packaged for easy storage and transportation. We recycle 100% of our scrap.
- Materials are stored in their original sealed packaging until use, guaranteeing no cross contamination of color or formulation.
- All plastic raw materials are conditioned to match ideal humidity and consistency immediately before the injection process.